Buying Commercial Trucking Insurance is important for your trucking business
One of the most important steps in running a commercial trucking business is purchasing adequate insurance, tailored to your needs, at the best rate possible. But because of the nature of the risk, insurance for your trucking business will likely be one of your major expenses. This isn’t surprising, since commercial trucking insurance protects your liability as well as your cargo and your physical assets (trucks and trailers). To learn more about what types of insurance coverage you’ll need for your trucking business click here.
Helpful Information to get the best Commercial Trucking Insurance
In order for us to help you purchase the coverage best suited for your business, we recommend that you collect the information we will need to give you an accurate quote, including the following:
- Driver information: legal names, dates of birth, driver’s license numbers, marital status (insurance companies offer discounts for married drivers), and the original issue date of each driver’s CDL.
- Vehicle information: make, model, year, cost when new, gross vehicle weight, vehicle identification number (VIN)
- DOT number
- What is your business?
- Will you be driving over state lines or operating locally?
- How is each vehicle used?
- Do you carry cargo, or transport people?
- Information about your cargo:
- What types of cargo will be hauled, including if there will be any heavy equipment or hazardous materials.
- Is your cargo refrigerated? If so, what type of cargo are you hauling?
- If you’re hauling general freight, we need to know what types of freight you’re hauling.
If you already have a commercial vehicle policy, have the declarations page handy so you can confirm the coverages and limits you currently carry.
Ready to start buying Commercial Trucking Insurance?
Remember, the more information we have, the better we will be able to match your needs to an insurance company that’s right for you. Whether you’re just starting out, or you’ve been in the commercial trucking business for a while, let L & M Insurance Group help you with this important aspect of your business. As independent agents, we represent several quality commercial trucking insurance carriers. Give us a call at 813-672-4100, or contact us online and we’ll be happy to answer your questions or give you a quote.
For more information:
L & M Insurance Group is an Independent Insurance Agency based in Riverview, Florida. We can shop, compare and recommend the home, auto, commercial or life insurance policy that’s best suited for you, your family or your business. Call 813-672-4100 or visit landminsurancegroup.com for more information.